600 E Main St
Anamosa, IA 52205
Welcome to the Pumpkin Capital of Iowa! Fun For The Entire Family! – Enjoy a true Main Street Festival and be part of the festivities that have drawn thousands to Anamosa since 1989. Some activities include dozens of food and craft vendors, kids’ games, one of the largest parades in all of Iowa, and of course, GIANT pumpkins! For more info, contact the Anamosa Area Chamber of Commerce office at 319 462 4879. For more information on the Ryan Norlin GIANT Pumpkin Weigh-off, contact Greg Norlin, Site Coordinator, at 319 462 4674.
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
8 a.m. – Noon Ryan Norlin GIANT Pumpkin Weigh-off
9 a.m. 5K Run
9 a.m. Horseshoe Tournament
9 a.m. Construction Fun Zone
9 a.m. – 10 a.m. Pumpkin Recipe Contest
9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Pumpkin Carving Exhibit
9 a.m. – 5p.m. Food & Crafts on Main Street
10 a.m. Kids Pumpkinfest Games
10 a.m. Prince & Princess Coronation
10 a.m. Pumpkin Toss
10 a.m. Bags Tournament
11 a.m. Hay Bale Toss
11 a.m. Water Ball Tournament
11 a.m. – 1p.m. Chili Cook Off
11:30 a.m. TTT Big Wheel Races
1:00 p.m. Grant Wood Scenic Byway Car Cruise Display
2:15 Pumpkinfest Parade on Main St.
7 p.m. Bowling Tournament
Sunday, October 6th, 2019
8 a.m. – Noon Rotary Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast
Noon Al Eden Memorial Garden Tractor Pull
10 a.m. 4-Person Best Shot (Wapsi C.C.)
- Over $11,000 in Prizes!!!
- Weighing GIANT Pumpkins, Watermelons, Bushel Gourds & Long Gourds.
- Open To All! – Field Pumpkin Category (stem must be green)
- $200 Top Prize
- Sponsored by David W. Smith, Farm Bureau Fiancial Services (Stem must be green)
- AWARDS CEREMONY AT NOON – ON DISPLAY UNTIL 4 P.M.
- Admission: $2.00 or no charge with 2019 Pumkpkinfest button ( 12 & under FREE)
- Don’t Miss The Weird Veggie Display!
- For more Weigh-off info including all prizes, rules and history visit: MidwestGiantPumpkinGrowers.com
- Dozens of Prizes to Win!
- $250 Top Prize
- $1 per chance!
- Drawings immediately following the parade.
- To purchase call: 319-462-4879, visit Anamosa Banks or contact a Pumpkinfest committee member.