Nestled in the rolling hills along the Wapsipinicon River, Anamosa is where city meets country.
Though Anamosa is small, we think big. Anamosa is the kind of small town you want to visit and live, but big city enough to embrace progress. Anamosa offers a number of interesting attractions for visitors and residents alike.
- Do you love motorcycles? Well so do we! Besides being home to J&P Cycles, we are the home to the National Motorcycle Museum open all year, and two annual Hill Climbs.
- Ever wonder about the life of a prisoner? Check out the Iowa State Penitentiary Museum.
- Love wine? Daly Creek Winery and Bistro is waiting for you.
- Do antiques and retail shopping call your name? We’ve got many shops waiting to show you just the right thing.
- Like the outdoors? If fishing, golfing, hiking, canoeing, or camping are more your style, the Wapsipinicon State Park answers all your needs and two beautiful golf courses can offer a sporting challenge.
- The arts more your style? Take in a play at Starlighter’s Community Theater; visit Anamosa’s famous son, Grant Wood, at the Grant Wood Museum and School.
- Come ‘leaf peeping’ this fall and take in the Annual Pumpkinfest and Ryan Norlin Giant Pumpkin Weigh off on the 1st Saturday in October. This is an exciting celebration and a festival of fun for the entire family!
- And there’s so much more to discover and enjoy…